Kevin and Amber: Europe 2006

We are two high school English teacher who have recently become engaged. This is our first trip to Europe and we are both very excited. Kevin is most looking forward to the British Library (and the US World Cup game) and will miss Qdoba the most while he is gone. Amber is looking forward to the Globe Theatre and will miss ice in her drinks.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Germans are Bigger Than the British

Kevin here. Amber filled you in on most of the details. The flight was pretty smooth, except for losing her luggage, and the hotel and area are very nice. You may know that The Lon and Mainous were originally were going to sleep on the floor. However, there are open rooms at our hotel, so they will have their own room. Which is nice for everyone involved.

One of the first things I noticed about Germay and our hotel is that it is much more accomodating to people over the height of five feet. I can only assume that Germans on whole, are just larger people throughout history than the British. Not to make a sweeping generalization, but hey, I have to call´em like I see´em.

I don`t think our little 'burg is used to American tourists just wandering around. At least that is the impression I got when The Lon and I were looking for a grocery store. Everyone just looked at us like we weren't wearing pants. But we were. I checked.

We are out exploring today, so it should be fun. Ther Germans were going bananas last night with their big 3-0 win over Ecuador. Lots of cheering, songs, honking, etc. We are supposed to meet up with Mainous tonight. Hopefully it will be as easz as running into The Lon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently the font is bigger in Germany too!!! I just had to say that. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures in person.

Love,
Becks

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding Mainous is easy. Just go to the girl's high school.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home